Be a Part of History
THE SECOND COMPANY, GOVERNOR'S FOOT GUARD
WELCOMES APPLICANTS FOR MEMBERSHIP
TO ITS RIFLE COMPANIES, FIELD MUSIC UNIT AND
Applicant's must be interested in and committed to the preservation of our
Historic Military Command.
No previous military experience is necessary
Appropriate training will be
In order to become a member of the Second Company, Governor's
Foot Guard an applicant must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a resident of the State of Connecticut;
- Be of good character and of well-mannered behavior;
- Possess a neat appearance;
- Be at least 18 years of age and capable of performing all required duties;
Applicants must satisfactorily pass a physical examination and security
clearance. Final membership approval is subject to the review of the
Command Membership Investigation Committee and the Executive Committee.
- Parades and other functions voted on by the command;
- Annual Training (one week per year, usually in late July or early August).
- The Command drills regularly, meeting every Monday night at its
headquarters at the National Guard Armory in Branford, Connecticut.
- A $35 entrance fee is payable at enlistment.
- Regular Dues are currently $5.00 per month.
- Regular Assessments for annual events (approximately $240.00 per year) are
voted on by the voting members of the Command.
The 2nd Company Governor's Foot Guard is an integral part of Connecticut's
militia, always being ready to serve the Governor and the State.
Within the Company there is a field music unit (fife and drum corps), a
marching band, a rifle team, as well as the traditional rifle companies.
Contact SGT Donald Rosadini : Fill in the form below and submit
Telephone: 203.269.5858 Ext. 11
or by Email: